Client Expectations and Cancellation Policy
We’re thrilled to have the opportunity to provide exceptional health care for your animal companion(s)! Just as you have a number of expectations for us as your veterinary team, we have some expectations and guidelines we’d like you to follow as our clients. Although this is not in any way a binding contract, we do reserve the right to terminate relationships with clients who repeatedly refuse to follow the expectations and guidelines outlined here.
- Our employees work hard to ensure that your pet receives the best health care available and to ensure your wants and needs as a client are met as well. With that in mind, we expect you to treat all of our staff with courtesy and respect. Rude or abusive behavior towards our staff will not be tolerated.
- Our staff works diligently to ensure that your needs are met in a timely fashion. Each and every pet is individually important to us and we have a great number of pets to provide care for. As a result, our time as veterinary professionals is often limited and valuable. We kindly request that when you make appointments with us, you arrive on time. Clients that arrive 10 minutes late or later may be asked to reschedule or drop their pet off with us as a Day Admit exam. When appointments arrive late, we don’t have adequate time to provide the care for your pet expected of us and it causes other appointments to then run late, reducing their quality of care as well.
- We understand that life happens and there are sometimes extenuating circumstances outside of your control, but we do ask that if you are unable to make it to your appointment, you let us know by phone call or email at least 24 hours in advance. Clients that repeatedly cancel with less than 24 hour notice or fail to show up for their appointments will be asked to keep a credit card on file to be charged for any future missed appointments or short-notice cancellations. The card on file will only be charged the exam fee for missed or cancelled appointments. These measures will not be implemented without prior discussion or warning.
- Due to limited availability, we are often scheduling well in advance for any new client visits. Please plan for a two week or greater delay when initially calling to schedule with us as new clients and prepare accordingly. If you know when you will be bringing a new pet home, please call in advance of their adoption to ensure we can see your new companion promptly. Please fill out our New Client Form prior to the appointment so your file is ready to go prior to the exam. Your records can be obtained from your previous veterinarian, sent to email@example.com, or you can bring them along to your appointment. We will call you a couple of days before your appointment to ensure it still works for you. Please return our call to confirm your appointment if we’re not able to reach you directly. If you do not get in touch with us to confirm your appointment at least 24 hours before your appointment time, you will be taken off the schedule to make room for another pet in need.
- For the safety of your pet and the pets of others, we request that all cats and other small animals arrive securely contained in a sturdy carrier and all dogs arrive securely leashed. Collars and harnesses must be well-fitted to avoid escape into the lobby or parking lot and retractable leashes must remain locked while inside the clinic.