OUR PROTOCOL WHILE WE ARE UNDER A COVID-19 ATMOSPHERE:
Due to concerns over the recent outbreak of COVID-19, Sauk Point Veterinary Clinic will be adjusting strategies regarding client interaction to minimize risk of transmitting the Coronavirus. This will ensure safety of both clients and our staff members.
We continue to be here for all your pets’ needs and will work to provide the best medical care as we maintain proper public health protocols at this time. Effective Thursday, (March 19th) and pending further notice, we will only be allowing employees into the clinic.
Our New Clinic COVID-19 protocol:
- Call us when you get to the parking lot. For any appointment – please arrive early or on time. Please give us your vehicle information. Our numbers are: (608) 829-0055 or (608) 213-3703.
- Transport your cats and small animals in safely secured carriers. A staff member will come to your car for a detailed history and bring your pet inside for an exam or testing. We cannot transport unsecured cats or small animals to or from your vehicle without a carrier. Dogs must be properly restrained on a leash, with control, and ready to be handed off to the staff member who greets you.
- Please remain in our parking lot.
- The doctor with speak with you over the phone.
- Please complete the payment process over the phone if possible. We may otherwise be able to use our portable card readers depending on your location in the parking lot.
- Wait in the parking lot for a staff member to return your pet.
For medication and prescription food pick up, please call ahead so that we may have adequate time to prepare your order. Upon your arrival, call again and a staff member will bring the items to your vehicle.